Wednesday, September 22, 2010

The Fun Run at Oak Hollow Elementary

Every year Oak Hollow does a "Fun Run" for their fund-raiser. We as parents donate our pledges and the kids (and parents if they want to) get to run about a mile around the school on the designated day. I told the kids that I would run with Alakai since he would probably match my pace a lot better. We get to the starting line, listen to the count down and...I lose Alakai from the beginning. He shoots off like a rocket and I don't meet up with him again until later in the run when I take a short cut through houses in hopes of finding him. I did find him eventually and we ran to the finish line together. Upon finding him, he said, "Mom, I lost you because I was too fast and you were WAY too slow!" Thanks son.

No comments: